Your dentist may recommend a dental crown procedure if you have a particularly weak tooth that needs to be held together. Dental crowns also are a good option if you have a tooth that is extremely discolored and doesn’t respond well to whitening treatments. If one or more teeth are severely damaged or broken, dental crowns Fort Lauderdale will get the job done.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Crowns are used to cover entirely a damaged tooth or cover an implant. It helps improve the appearance, alignment, shape, and dental occlusion (bite). Missing teeth cause gaps that make the remaining teeth to shift which can result in a bad bite. Bridges and crowns help prevent this from happening. Here are some benefits of dental crowns:
- Restores the shape, strength, appearance, and functionality of a damaged tooth.
- Chewing is now easier without risking damage to what’s underneath it.
- They are cemented to natural teeth and implants to protect the vulnerable part of the tooth. It physically holds it in place protecting it from further damage.
- Restores and maintains the structural integrity of your bite and mouth.
How to Maintain Your Dental Crowns
Crowns can sometimes come loose or fall out. Like natural teeth, dental crowns can last a lifetime if you practice good oral hygiene with regular checkups. Here are some tips to ensure the longevity of your crowns:
- Keep your gums and teeth healthy by brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- See your hygienist or your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and routine checkups
- Avoid chewing hard foods such as ice or hard objects to prevent damage to your crowns or bridges.
Need Dental Crowns Fort Lauderdale?
Dental crowns Fort Lauderdale will help you restore your smile and confidence once again. If you think you need a crown, contact us today at Stanton Smiles. You can also visit our website for more information.