Even if you are brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis, it is never going to be a substitute for regular dental checkups. Having your teeth checked at regular intervals will help you to make sure that your gums and teeth stay nice and healthy to give you many years of enjoyment. Regular cleanings will also help to prevent a variety of health conditions, including strokes, heart attacks, and more. While some people are not a big fan of going to the dentist, you will see that finding the right Fort Lauderdale dentist will make all the difference in the world.
Once you are able to find a dentist you like, you will have a new appreciation for each visit. When you find yourself looking for a new dentist for any reason, these are a few ways that you can begin your search:
- Talk with some of your family and friends to see who they may recommend for a dental professional in the Fort Lauderdale area.
- See if your pharmacist or your doctor has any recommendations. It is not all that uncommon for people in the medical community to have insight in this area.
- If you happen to be moving, you can ask your current dentist if he or she has any recommendations. They could know someone in the Fort Lauderdale area who they highly recommend..
- Take a look at the website for the American Dental Association to browse around for good dentists in the area.
Questions To Ask
Once you have some recommendations, you will need to make a call to the dental offices so that you can narrow down your search. These are some of the common questions to ask to make sure that you can find a dentist that is the right fit for your needs:
- What are your office hours?
- Do you take my dental insurance?
- What is your approach to preventive dentistry?
- What type of anesthesia, if any, do you offer should the procedure require it?
- What is your policy for after-hours emergencies?
- Do you have a policy for missed appointments?
- What are cost estimates for cleanings, x-rays, fillings, and other procedures?
Should you find that you want to visit a dental office, you should also be taking mental notes as you look around. It is important that the office is orderly, neat, and clean. You should also see that the equipment looks to be up to date and that each examination/workspace is clean and tidy. Of course, the Fort Lauderdale dentist and their dental staff should always be presentable and personable, answering any questions that you may have.
At Stanton Smiles, we always want to make sure that all of our patients feel comfortable and safe when in our office. We offer a wide range of services and welcome new patients and their families to come by to explore our dental offices with a consultation. When you are looking for a new Fort Lauderdale dentist, you will find that our team is here to make sure that you have a lot to smile about.Fort Lauderdale Dentist
View Larger Map